Easy Corn Fritters
Makes: 12 to 16 fritters approx.
Boiled corn – 1 cup
Whole meal self-rising flour – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Capsicum – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup (grated)
Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
Mixed Italian herbs – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
Garlic – 1 (grated)
Oil – a thin layer for shallow frying
- Add boiled corn, chopped onion, capsicum, corriander leaves, mixed Italian herbs, pepper powder, salt, chopped green chilies & grated garlic to a wide bowl, mix well.
- Add whole meal self-rising flour and grated parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Add milk little by little to make a thick paste. It must be thick but just flowy enough to flow from a ladle.
- Pour one scoop at a time onto a pan with a thin layer of oil and fry both sides till golden brown.
- Alternatively this can be fried on a kuzhi paniyaram plate too.