Makes : 4 serves
Cauliflower florets – 1 bowl (roughly chopped)
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 big (finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Oil – 4 teaspoons
Water – ¼ cup
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
Grind to paste:
Coconut – ¼ cup (grated)
Aniseeds (sombu) – 1 teaspoon
Green chilli – 1
Water – ¼ to ½ cup
- Add a cup of water to cauliflower florets along with turmeric powder and mix well.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes (florets would look a bit cooked)
- Drain excess water after a minute and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds, once they crackle add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds and then add the chopped onions along with the powders.
- Saute for 2 minutes and then add tomatoes pieces along with salt.
- Saute for a couple more minutes and then add cauliflower florets along with ¼ cup of water.
- Keep closed stirring at intervals until florets are cooked.
- Now add the ground paste and allow to boil for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with idiyappam/rotis.