Makes: 2 to 3 servings
Capsicum – 2 cups (finely chopped)
Desiccated coconut – ½ cup
Roasted gram dal – 1 tablespoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Green chilli – 1
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Urad dal – ½ teaspoon
Channa dal – ½ teaspoon
- Heat oil in a flat pan and add chopped capsicum.
- Sprinkle a handful of water and cook closed for a minute or 2 & then cook in open pan for another minute.
- Allow to cool down and grind along with desiccated coconut, green chilli, roasted gram dal, ginger and salt.
- Heat oil in another pan, add oil and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds splutter, add the dals and fry till golden brown.
- Add tempering to the chutney and serve along with dosa, idli, oothappam.