Raw rice – 1 cup
Tuar dal – ¼ cup
Channa dal – ¼ cup
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli – 1 (break into halves)
Coconut – 5 teaspoons (grated)
Curry leaves - 10
Coconut Oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Water – 2 ½ cups
Peanuts - a handful
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
- Wash rice with water & drain excess water.
- Spread the wet rice on a thin towel (or lay a few paper towels on a big plate and spread it).
- Leave this for 10 mins.
- Chirp this rice in mixie & make coarse rice rawa.
- Dry roast channa dal & tuar dal slightly (you would start smelling them).
- Chirp dals,peanuts, cumin seeds, pepper together in mixie & make coarse dal rawa.
- Heat coconut oil in a non stick deep pan.
- Add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add red clilli, curry leaves, hing, water & allow boiling.
- Add rice rawa, dal rawa, coconut & mix well.
- Set the contents in a rice cooker & cook. (Or keep closed and cook for 10 to 12 minutes on low flame, stirring on & off until cooked)
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/corriander-coconut chutney.