Makes: 1 to 2 servings
Left over idlis – 2
Idli milagai podi– 2 heaped teaspoons
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
Salt – ¼ to ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
Oil – 1 or 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
Channa dal - ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 10 leaves (chopped)
- Break the left over idlis into quarters.
- Chirp in mixer grinder 2 to 3 times or crumble using hands (looks like a coarse powder).
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onions,turmeric powder & salt fry for a minute or 2.
- Add the crumbled idlis. idli milagai podi & mix well.
- Fry for 1 or 2 minutes in low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.
Note: Left over Idlis could be refrigerated overnight for easy crumbling.