Corriander Pesto Penne
Makes: 2 to 3 servings
Penne Pasta- 200 grams
Mushrooms – 8 to 10 small ones
Onion – 1 small
Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
Salt - a pinch
Dried parsley flakes - ¼ teaspoon
Milk - ¼ cup
Fresh cream - 1 teaspoon (optional)
For Pesto Sauce:
Corriander – ½ bunch
Peanuts – 1/3 cup
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Lemon juice – ¾ tablespoon
Garlic – 2 small cloves
Green chilli – 1 or 2
Pepper powder - ½ teaspoon
Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Add all ingredients mentioned under pesto sauce to a mixer grinder or blender and grind to a coarse paste (it is alright for the nuts to not grind completely).
- Boil the penne as per the instructions on the pack, drain excess water and keep aside.
- Chop the onions and the mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions & a pinch of salt, fry until golden brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and fry for about half a minute.
- Add in the ground pesto sauce and saute for a minute (oil starts to separate).
- Add milk, give a good stir & then add the boiled pasta, combine ingredients well and saute for a minute or two.