Makes: 2 to 3 serves
Rice – 1 cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Channa dal – ¼ cup
Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Onion – ½ (thinly sliced)
Water – 4 cups
Salt - 1½ teaspoons (flat)
Ghee – 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli – 1 (broken into half)
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker/pressure pan.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves & red chilli and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chopped garlic, thinly sliced onions, salt and saute until golden brown.
- Add the rice, moong dal & channa dal straight onto the cooker along with water.
- Allow 3 to 4 whistles depending on your cooker.
- Once pressure releases nicely mash with a ladle and serve hot with pickle, yogurt and papad.