Makes : 4 serves
Aloo – 4 to 5 medium sized (chopped to cubes roughly after peeling skin)
Soya chunks – 1 cup
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Kasuri methi - 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Immerse soya chunks in hot water for 15 mins.
- Squeeze excess water by pressing in between palms.
- Boil potato pieces and keep aside.
- Spread the soya chunks in a micro safe plate and set for 2 mins.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a flat or deep non-stick pan and add these chunks, fry till golden brown.
- Heat oil in a non-stick deep pan add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle add onions and the powders mentioned, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked potato pieces and the soya chunks, mix well and allow 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & kasuri methi and serve hot with rotis.