Makes : 2 to 3 serves
Uncooked rice – 1 cup
Spinach – 1 bowl (finely chopped)
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Sambar powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped or coarsely ground)
- Cook the rice with 2 cups of water in rice cooker.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add garlic & fry till golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped spinach leaves, ½ teaspoon of salt & sambar powder.
- Sauté until the water evaporates out. (Spinach tends to become watery when cooked)
- Add cooked rice, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt & mix well.
- Serve with raitha.