Makes : 250 gms approx.
Besan /kadalai mavu - 2 cups
Rice flour - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Ajwain/Omam - ¼ cup
Salt - 1¼ teaspoon
Oil - for deep frying
- Dry roast omam for a minute.
- Grind to powder and add to ¼ cup of warm water, chirp couple of times in mixer again.
- Filter this water and keep aside.
- Mix together rice flour, besan, butter, salt and omam water and kneed to dough.
- Heat oil and press the dough to hot oil using thin holed plates in circular motion.
- Drain onto paper towel and break to pieces.