Makes : 2 to 4 serves
Soya chunks – 2 cups
Methi leaves (fresh or frozen) – ½ cup
Yoghurt – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Soak soya chunks in hot water for ½ hour.
- After the soaking time, squeeze excess water by pressing between palms.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a flat pan and add the soya chunks, fry for approx. 7 mins & keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil & add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds turn golden brown, add chopped onions, powders mentioned & salt.
- Saute for a minute, .
- Add the chopped methi leaves & fry for another minute.
- Add yogurt & fry for a further minute.
- Add soya chunks and mix well, saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.