Garlic – 6 to 8 big cloves
Red chillies – 8
Desiccated coconut – ¾ cup
Roasted peanuts – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1½ teaspoon (for roasting)
- Grind garlic pieces coarsely in mixer grinder.
- Roast coarsely ground garlic in a teaspoon of oil until golden brown.
- Roast red chillies in a few drops of oil until they start browning (they will fluff up).
- Allow both roasted contents to completely cool down to room temperature.
- Add the roasted garlic & roasted red chillies to a mixer grinder along with desiccated coconut, roasted peanuts & salt, grind to coarse powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- A great accompaniment for idlis/dosas or can be mixed with cooked rice.