Microwave Potato Chips
Makes: 1 cup
Potatoes – 3 (mid-sized)
Salt – few pinches
Chilli powder – few pinches (optional)
Oil – few teaspoons (or) Oil spray tin to be used
- Slice the potatoes thinly.
- Soak the sliced potatoes in water for a minute or 2.
- Drain excess water and pat dry using paper towels or a clean towel.
- Grease a plate with some oil (or) use an oil spray can & spray oil.
- Arrange the potato slices onto the plate.
- Spray oil onto potato slices, sprinkle a pinch of salt and chilli powder (optional).
- Turn the slices and repeat step 6.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, take out and flip sides of all the potato slices.
- Microwave for another 1 to 1½ minutes (have a watch and stop the microwave once the slices start to brown).
- Once taken out of the microwave allow this to stand for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and can be used for upto a week.