Health Mix Kanji Powder
Makes: 1 kg approx.
Wheat flour (godhumai) – 1 cup
Ragi flour (kezvarugu) – 1 cup
Jower flour (cholam) – 1 cup
Bajra flour (kambu) – 1 cup
Almonds (badam) – ¼ cup
Sago (javvarisi) – ¼ cup
Cashews (mundiri) – ¼ cup
Fried gram (pottukadalai) – ¼ cup
Cardamom pods – 20
Sugar – 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Dry roast the cardamom pods until aroma rises and keep aside.
- Dry roast each flour separately and keep aside.
- Dry roast almonds, cashews, and sago together until golden brown.
- Add cardamom pods and sugar to the mixer grinder and grind to powder. (sugar helps the cardamom grinding easy)
- Add the roasted cashews, almonds, sago and fried gram to grind to fine powder.
- In a bowl combine the ground ingredients and the roasted flours.
- Fill this powder up in an air tight box and store in a cool dry place.
Note: This can last for up to 3 months and 6 months if refrigerated.