Keerai Poricha Kuzhambu
Makes: 4 servings
Keerai (spinach) – 1 bunch
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cooked tuar dal – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Roast & Grind to paste:
Urad dal – 3 teaspoons
Curry leaves – 6
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoons
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli – 1
Coconut – 2 teaspoons
- Wash the spinach bunch (including the stem part) thoroughly to ensure no mud residue.
- Sauté this in a non-stick kadai for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked.
- Allow the cooked spinach to cool completely.
- Grind the spinach with hing & salt to fine paste.
- Roast the ingredients mentioned in ½ teaspoon of oil & grind to paste.
- Heat ½ teaspoon of oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add the ground spinach paste.
- Add the cooked tuar dal, the other ground paste.
- Allow boiling for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.