Makes: 2 serves
Cooked rice – 2 cups
Grated coconut - 1/3 cup
Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - ½ teaspoon
Broken cashews - 1 tablespoon
Bay leaf – 1
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Grind to paste:
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Ginger - ½ inch piece
Green chillies – 2 small ones
Garlic clove – 1 big or 2 small cloves
Salt - ¾ teaspoon
- Clean the coriander bunch under running water to remove dirt and fine sand.
- Roughly chop the corriander bunch and grind to smooth paste along with green chillies, ginger, garlic & salt.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add items mentioned under tempering and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste and fry for a minute.
- Add grated coconut & fry for ½ a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with papad or potato chips.