Makes: 2 to 3 servings
Boiled macroni pasta – 1 cup
Milk – 3 cups
Sugar – ½ to ¾ cup (depending on sweetness levels)
Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 6 to 8 (broken into small pieces)
Grind to paste:
Grated coconut – ¼ cup (loosely packed)
Maida - ½ tablespoon
Broken cashew nuts - 1 tablespoon
- Heat milk to a deep pan & bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 5 to 7 mins in low flame.
- Add sugar & boiled macroni pasta and the ground paste and allow boiling for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a separate pan and add broken cashew pieces, fry until golden brown.
- Add it to the payasam.
- Serve chilled or hot, this would taste great.