Makes: 2 to 4 serves
Paneer cubes – 1½ cups (approx 200-250 gms)
Capsicum – 1 small (cut into square pieces)
Onion – 1 mid sized (diced)
Spring onion - 3 to 4 (chopped finely)
Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
Ginger – 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
Oil – A thin layer for shallow frying
Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
Pepper powder - ¼ teaspoon
Red chilli powder - ¼ teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Mix together ingredients for marinade, add paneer cubes in marinade and leave this for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a flat pan and arrange marinated paneer cubes one by one, keep the marinade powder remains aside which we would use later.
- Turn them over as sides turn golden brown until all sides done & keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add diced onions and capsicum and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger, garlic, and after a minute turn the flame to high and add soy sauce and tomato sauce, stir for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Turn the flame to medium and add paneer cubes, chopped spring onion.
- Add a tablespoon of water to the remaining marinade powder, add this and fry for another minute or 2.
- Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment with fried rice.