Makes : 4 -6 serves
Raw rice – 1 cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Milk- ¾ a litre
Sugar – 1 ½ cups
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
Cashews – 10 (broken to pieces)
Ghee – 2 teaspoons
- Heat ghee & fry cashew pieces till golden brown & keep aside.
- Roast rice & moong dal with a teaspoon of ghee.
- Add half litre of milk.
- Keep stirring occasionally till the rice looks cooked.
- Add sugar & rest of the milk & mix well.
- Allow to boil in simmer till thickens.
- Add cardamom powder & mix well.
- Garnish with cashews & serve hot.
Suggestion: Can be served after chilling in the fridge for about 3 hours as well.