Makes: 28 pieces
Idli/Dosa batter – 1 kg (14 to 15 big scoops)
Oil - 8 teaspoons
Carrot (grated) - 1
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – few
Green chilli - 1
- Heat a teaspoon of oil & add mustard seeds, allow spluttering.
- Add finely chopped curry leaves, green chillies & onions.
- Sauté till onions become transparent & cooked.
- Add this mixture & grated carrot to the Idli/Dosa batter, mix well.
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram thathu, spread 2 teaspoons of oil equally in all kuzhi’s (spaces).
- Add batter after oil heats up, cover it with a lid.
- Turn sides when top side to look cooked & wait till the other side turns golden brown.(Don’t cover with lid this time)
- Serve with Onion & tomato Chutney.
Kuzhi Paniyaram Plate: