Makes: 10 to 12 Adais
Sprouted legumes (of your choice) – 1 cup
Channa dal – ¼ cup
Moong dal – ¼ cup
Tuar dal – ¼ cup
Idli rice – ¾ cup
Red chillies – 2 or 3
Curry leaves – a handful
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – 1¼ teaspoon
- Soak dals (together) and rice in separate bowls for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind soaked rice, sprouts & ingredients mentioned under "to grind" section.
- Grind soaked dal to a coarse paste.
- Combine both the ground mixtures together (thick flowy batter consistency, add approx. ½ cup of water).
- Heat a flat pan, pour a ladle of batter & spread it little thick, make a small hole in the middle.
- Use 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil for each adai and toast both sides to crispy golden brown.
- Serve hot with avial/jaggery/butter.