Makes: 1 medium pizza
Paneer – ½ cup cut into cubes
Yoghurt – 2 to 3 tablespoons
Ajwain (Omam) – ½ teaspoon
Tandoori masala powder/paste – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Onion – 1 small
Tomato – 1 small
Capsicum – ½
Oregano seasoning – ½ teaspoon
Mozzarella Cheese – 1 cup
(I used store bought four cheese pack for pizzas - Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan, Romano)
Pizza sauce – 1 tablespoon
Tandoori paste – 1 teaspoon
All purpose flour (aka Maida) – 1 ½ cups
Sugar – ½ teaspoon
Olive oil – 3 teaspoons
Milk – ¼ cup
Water – ¼ cup
Instant dried yeast – 3 teaspoons
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Mix together sugar, salt, olive oil in a wide, deep bowl.
- Warm the milk and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Add this to the sugar-salt mixture and mix well.
- Keep aside for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add the flour and kneed to dough.
- Keep the bowl closed in a warm place for an hour and a half.
- Mix together ingredients mentioned other than paneer in a bowl.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well (the yoghurt mixture should have evenly coated paneer cubes)
- Keep closed in refrigerator for an hour or two.
- Heat 2 teapsoons of oil in a shallow pan and fry paneer cubes till golden brown (care should be taken not to crumble the cubes).
- Take dough which has been resting for an hour and a half (volume would have doubled).
- Flatten to a circle with 1 inch thickness (with edges slightly thick).
- Spread tandoori paste and pizza sauce on this.
- Arrange diced onions, tomatoes, capsicum and fried paneer tikka cubes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese & oregano flakes on top.
- Preheat oven (in baking mode) to 250 ° C and bake for 12 minutes. (Mine got done in 11 minutes).
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.