Javarisi Dosai (Sago Dosa)
Makes: 10 dosas
Javarisi (Sago) – ½ cup
Idli rice – 1 cup
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Pepper – ½ teaspoon freshly crushed
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Curry leaves – 6
Corriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Curd – 2 generous scoops
Oil – 11 teaspoons
- Soak javarisi (sago) in curd and rice in water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil, add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves & sauté for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Grind in mixer grinder soaked sago and rice together till smooth paste.
- Add the sauted mixture, chopped coriander leaves, salt and freshly crushed pepper to the batter.
- Add water and mix well to make a watery batter. (Consistency should be like rava dosa batter)
- Pour onto hot tawa like rava dosas.
- Please click here for pouring technique.
- These dosas are best had when crisp and hot, serve with coconut chutney / onion-tomato chutney / idli-milagai podi.