Sago (javvarisi) aka sabudhana – 1 ½ cups
Potato – 1 (chopped into small cubes)
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Peanuts (roasted) – a handful
Coconut – 2 teaspoons (grated)
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (chopped)
- Wash & soak the sago for 6 to 8 hours with just water immersing sago.
- Powder the groundnuts coarsely.
- Boil potato cubes until just cooked.
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai.
- Add mustard seeds & cumin seeds, allow spluttering.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder & boiled potatoes.
- Fry for 2 mins.
- Add sago & salt mix well.
- Sauté till sago turns transparent. (Care should be taken not to mash the contents)
- Add groundnuts, grated coconut & mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with pickles.