Beetroot Kara Curry
Makes : 2 - 4 serves
Beetroot – ¼ kg (cut into one inch pieces)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 5
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Special masala powder – 2 teaspoons
- Boil beetroot with just immersing water levels until cooked.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add hing, turmeric powder, curry leaves, boiled beetroot & salt.
- Saute for 2 mins and add special masala powder.
- Saute for 2 more mins and serve hot with rice and sambar/rasam.