Cooked tuar dal – 1 tablespoon
Apple – ½
Tomatoes - 2
Lemon juice – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Grind to powder:
Curry leaves – 5 leaves
Pepper – 1 ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
Red chillies – 2
- Peel skin of apple, remove seeds & cut into small pieces.
- Beat tomatoes in mixie & make tomato puree.
- Mash cooked tuar dal & dilute with 2 tumbler of water.
- Mix the tomato puree & diluted tuar dal.
- Add hing, salt & turmeric powder.
- Grind the ingredients mentioned to fine powder.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed/non-stick vessel.
- Add mustard seeds allow spluttering.
- Add the apple pieces & sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mixture (tomato puree & diluted dal).
- Wait until bubbles are formed on top surface.
- Add ground powder & lemon juice.
- Switch off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with rice.