Black Channa Curry
Makes : 4 serves
Black Channa – 2 cups
Onion – 1 big sized (finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 mid sized (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves -2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Corrinader powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – 1 teapsoon
- Soak black channa overnight (preferably at least 6 to 8 hours).
- Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles (as this one is hard to cook).
- Heat oil in a non-stick deep pan and add tempering & ginger garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped onions, powders and sauté until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, sauté until ingredients melt and blend.
- Mash the boiled channa coarsely.
- Add boiled channa along with the water allow to cook for 5 to 8 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped corrinader leaves and serve hot with rice/rotis.