Makes: 1 cup
Raw peanuts – 1 cup
Gram flour (Besan) – ¼ cup
Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Hot oil – 2 teaspoons (for the mix)
Water – 2 to 3 handful sprinkles
Oil – for deep frying
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Corriander powder – ½ teaspoon
Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
Chat masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
Kala namak – a pinch
Hing – a pinch
- In a wide bowl mix together gram flour, rice flour, salt and all the powders mentioned and mix well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil, add to this and mix well.
- Add 2 to 3 handful sprinkles of water (ensuring the flour mixture coats the peanuts completely).
Version 1: Microwaved Bhujia Peanuts
- Take a microwave safe plate & spray surface with oil.
- Arrange peanuts individually onto plate without clumping.
- Micro HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Take out & spray a little more oil on top.
- Micro HIGH for another 1 minute.
- Allow standing time of another minute.
- Allow to cool completely before tasting.
Note: Wattage of my microwave 1100 watts, adjust minutes according to the power of your microwave.
Version 2: Deep Fried Bhujia Peanuts
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown and drain onto paper towels.
- Allow to cool completely to enjoy crispy bhujia peanuts.