Makes: 2- 4 serves
Peanuts – ½ cup (without skin)
Onion – 1 medium sized
Garlic – 1 clove
Roasted gram dal (pottu kadalai) – ¼ cup
Red chillies – 2 to 3
Salt - ½ teaspoon
Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add the red chillies & peanuts, once they are lightly browned take them off the pan.
- To the same pan, add chopped garlic clove and fry until golden brown.
- Add onions and fry until transparent and allow all roasted contents to cool.
- Grind all roasted ingredients along with the roasted gram dal to a smooth consistency.
- Add tempering and enjoy with your favorite tiffin.