Bread Besan Toast
Makes: 6 triangle slices
Bread – 3 slices
Gram flour (Besan) – 1 cup
Rice flour - 1 tablespoon
Carrot – ¼ cup (grated)
Onion – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 5 to 6 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Hing - a pinch
- Cut bread slices diagonally.
- In a wide bowl mix gram flour, rice flour along with grated carrot, chopped onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves, salt and powders mentioned.
- Add approximately about ½ glass of water to make it to a batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a flat pan.
- Dip each slice of bread both sides into this batter. (Ensure sides are also dipped)
- Place it on the pan & fry both sides to golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce/butter.