Crispy Potato Gems
Makes: 20 potato gems approx.
Potatoes – 2 mid-sized
Rice flour – ½ cup
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Maida – 1 tablespoon
Water – ¾ cup approx.
Breadcrumbs – ¾ cup
Oil – for deep frying
- Peel skin of the potatoes, chop into cubes and boil until tender & smashy.
- Mash the potatoes once cooled, measure one cup and add it to a bowl.
- Add rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt & mix well.
- Grease palms with a teaspoon of oil & make cylinder shaped potato gems.
- Make a paste of maida & water.
- Dip each potato gem into this paste & then into breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the previous step again to double coat the potato gems.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.