Makes: 4 servings
Sour curd – 2 cups
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves- finely cut to garnish
Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
Coconut – 4 teaspoons (grated)
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Marathangalika vathal - 1 tablespoon
Soak & Grind to paste:
Tuar dal – 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoon
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green chillies - 2 or 3
Curry leaves – 10
Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Grind the contents soaked with coconut, turmeric powder, hing & salt to a smooth paste.
- Beat the curds to a thin consistency by adding 1 ½ glass of water.
- Grind to paste soaked ingredients with coconut.
- Add the ground paste to beaten curds.
- Allow boiling for 5-7 minutes till it thickens.
- Season mustard seeds, marathangalika vathal in coconut oil & add.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with rice.
- Can add boiled white pumpkin instead of marathangalika vathal.
- Can use any vathal as well.