Makes : 4 serves
Onion – 1
Sprouts – 250 gms
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Water – 4 cups
Cloves – 4
Bay leaf – 2
Cinnamon – 2
Cardamom – 1
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Green chillies – 3 or 4
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add the ingredients mentioned under seasoning & fry till golden brown.
- Add the coarsely ground mixture & fry for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onions, chilli powder, turmeric powder & fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add sprouts, curd & lemon juice, sauté for a minute.
- Add the cooked contents along with rice & water to an electric rice cooker. (If cooking in a pressure cooker, cook until 2 whistles)
- Once cooked garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with raitha.