Makes: Serves 4
Raw rice – 1 cup
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger – small piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 10
Cashews - 5 ot 6 (broken into halves)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Hing – a pinch
- Wash rice with water once.
- Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker and allow 4 to 5 whistles.
- Garnish with a few curry leaves & serve with Kothsu/Coconut chutney/Onion & Tomato Chutney.
- Fry cashews to golden brown in a spoon of ghee and add to top.
- Variation – instead of adding pepper corns, pepper can be crushed (using a pepper crusher) just before serving.