Black Channa Sundal
Makes: 250 grams
Black Channa – 250 gms
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Special masala powder – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Coconut – 5 teaspoons (grated)
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Red chillies – 2 (broken in to halves)
Curry leaves – 5
- Soak black channa overnight or atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles with water levels immersing channa.
- Drain excess water.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a few seconds.
- Add cooked black channa, special masala powder salt and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.