Cheesy capsicum rolls
Makes: 2 rolls
Bread – 2 slices
Capsicum – 2 tablespoons (very finely chopped)
Grated cheese – 2 tablespoons
Mixed Italian herbs – a sprinkle for each roll
Pepper powder - a sprinkle for each roll
Oil - about 2 tablespoons (for shallow frying)
- Cut corners of the bread slices.
- Roll the bread slices as flat as you can with a rolling pin.
- Place 1 tablespoon of chopped capsicum and 1 tablespoon of grated cheese near to one end of the rolled bread,
- Season with a pinch of Italian herbs & a pinch of pepper powder.
- Carefully roll towards the other end.
- Seal the end by applying a few drops of maida + water paste and press the sides so that they stick.
- Toast the rolled slices to golden brown on a flat tawa with oil.