Makes: 4 serves
Tamarind –1 small lemon size
Coriander leaves – few
Curry leaves – few
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Hing - ¼ teaspoon
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Rasam powder – 2 teaspoons
Cooked tuar dal – 1 scoop (karandi)
- Smash tomatoes, coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger, rasam powder, hing & salt by hand nicely. (for the ingredients to roughly blend)
- Soak tamarind for half hour in 2 glasses of water
- Squeeze tamarind with hand & filter the water (Throw away the squeezed tamarind)
- Add tamarind water and allow boiling.
- Mash the tuar dal & dilute with 2 tumblers of water.
- Once the raw smell vanishes add the tuar dal water.
- Allow boiling for 5 minutes.(Till small bubbles are visible on top)
- Heat one teaspoon of Ghee & season mustard seeds, add to rasam.
- Garnish with few cut coriander leaves & serve.