Carrot Kofta Curry
Makes : 2 Serves
Onion – 1 big
Tomato puree – ¾ cup
Left over bread slices – 2
Carrot – 1 (grated)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Green chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
Yoghurt – 1 small scoop
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
Oil – 3 to 5 teaspoons of oil
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Making of Gravy:
Mix onion paste, ½ teaspoon of ginger garlic paste and the powders mentioned in a micro safe bowl and cook in micro HIGH for 8 mins.
Add tomato puree and ½ teaspoon of salt and cook on micro HIGH for 5 mins.
Add ¾ cup of water and cook for further 3 mins on micro HIGH.
Making the Kofta:
- Churn the bread slices in mixer grinder.
- Mix together grated carrot, remaining ½ teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, bread, finely chopped green chilli along with yoghurt and ½ teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Make into 8 equal patties, apply oil on the patties and micro HIGH for 2 mins.
- Turn sides, apply oil onto the other side and micro HIGH for a further minute.
- Pour the gravy on koftas and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Pour the gravy on koftas just before serving.
- The Koftas could be shallow fried on tawa with oil instead of microwaving.