Black eyed beans – 1 ½ cups
Salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
Special masala powder – 3 teaspoons
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Red chillies – 2 (broken into halves)
Curry leaves – 5 or 6 leaves
- Soak black eyed peas for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pressure cook for just a whistle or two with adequate water.
- Heat oil in deep pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add red chillies and curry leaves, a pinch of hing.
- Add the boiled black eyed peas along with salt and special masala powder,mix well.
- Healthy snack ready to munch on.