Instant Carrot Pickle
Makes : 250 gms approx.
Finely chopped carrot - 1 cup (approx 2 mid sized carrots)
Sesame oil – ¼ cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Fenugreek – ¼ teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - ½ teaspoon
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dry roast fenugreek and mustard seeds for a few seconds. (mustard starts to splutter and fenugreek turns golden brown)
- Powder the roasted ingredients.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the ground powder.
- When it starts to bubble up add the finely chopped carrots along with salt, give it a good mix and remove from stove.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate once cooled.