Makes : 4 serves
Dals – 1 cup (mixture of masoor, moong & tuar)
Frozen Methi - 2 cubes (½ bunch if using fresh methi)
Salt – 1 ¾ teaspoon
Rasam powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Grind together (coarsely):
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 1 big pod
Green chillies – 2 or 3
- Cook dals with methi adding the rasam powder, turmeric powder & 1 teaspoon of salt in a pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistles. (water level - immersing dals)
- Once pressure releases, mash the contents nicely.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai, add cumin seeds, coarsely ground paste & sauté till golden brown.
- Add chopped onions & ¾ spoon of salt & sauté for 3 to 5 mins (till onions become translucent).
- Add the sauted mixture to the cooked dal mixture.
- Mix well and allow boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with rotis.