Rava – 1 ½ cup
Milk – 1 cup
Water – 1 ½ cup
Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Onion – 1 (small)
Tomato – 1
Carrot – 1
Beans – 5
Frozen peas/ cooked peas – a handful.
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 1 big clove or 2 small cloves
Green chillies – 2
Curry leaves - 10
- Finely chop all vegetables. (an advantage is that kids cannot pick & keep vegetables from upma)
- Dry roast rava in a non-stick kadai till golden brown & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.
- Add mustard seeds & allow spluttering.
- Add cumin seeds, hing & the ground mixture, fry for a minute.
- Add onions & turmeric powder, fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes & salt, sauté till tomatoes melt.
- Add all other vegetables, sprinkle a handful of water.
- Keep closed stirring on & off till vegetables are cooked.
- Add the amounts of milk & water mentioned.
- Allow till it comes to a boil & then keep flame to minimum.
- Add the roasted rava little by little, blending simultaneously.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add coconut oil & mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with coconut chutney.