Microwave Aval Puttu
Aval – 2 cups
Jaggery (Powdered) – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – ¼ teaspoon
Coconut (grated) – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Ghee – 2 teaspoons
Cashews – 10 (broken into pieces)
- Powder aval in mixer grinder to coarse powder.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of water and mix gentlywith hands. (take care not to mash the contents)
- Repeat step 2 again after 10 minutes.
- Take jaggery in a deep micro-safe container, add water just immersing jaggery powder.
- Micro HIGH for 2 mins.
- Filter jaggery water to remove impurities.
- Micro HIGH for 6 to 8 mins till the desired consistency (keep checking in intervals).
- Consistency: Drop a bit of jaggery syrup in a cup of cold water; you would be able to make a ball.
- Heat ghee and fry cashews till golden brown.
- Now add grated coconut, fried cashews and aval, mix well.
- Micro HIGH for one more minute.
- Aval puttu is ready for serving.