Makes: 4 serves
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Onion – 1 small sized (finely chopped)
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Melted Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoons
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon piece – 1
Cloves – 2 or 3
Cardamom – 2
Coriander leaves – 2 teaspoons (finely chopped)
- Wash & rinse rice in water for 2 to 3 times draining washed water each time and keep washed rice aside.
- Heat ghee in the cooker bottom, add items under tempering and fry for a few seconds (till golden brown).
- Add finely chopped onions, salt, pepper powder and fry till onions turn golden brown.
- Add the washed rice with 2 cups of water to the cooker.
- Close and allow one whistle.
- Open the cooker once pressure settles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with channa masala.